Global live streaming for World’s first retention convention
Health club operators across the globe can take part in a world first as industry renowned retention experts come together for one-off Retention Convention.
The one-day event, being lead by international speaker and author of the world’s largest retention study, Dr. Paul Bedford, will be live streamed across the world on 14 May 2015, enabling operators from all four corners of the globe to learn from the experts what does and doesn’t impact on retention, key components of a retention strategy and why measuring attrition is what amateurs do.
Retention Guru Bedford said: “The purpose of the day will be to explore how retention can impact on business behaviour. The emergence of the low cost sector has created challenges for all operators, including themselves, and clubs need to look at improving their retention in order to retain a profitable business. Operations directors, senior managers and anyone who has a role in keeping members happy should not miss this event.”
Dr Bedford is seen as one of the fitness industry’s leading authorities on retention, attrition and member experience management, and develops bespoke retention strategies for operators right across the world.
- Speaking alongside Dr. Bedford will be:
- Dr Melvyn Hillsdon, who is known for his pioneering work with the FIA (now ukactive) and his reports Winning the Retention Battle (parts 1-7). This work established the benchmark for retention in the UK as well as methods for accurately reporting retention and attrition that operators could take action on.
- Author of a TRP 10,000 member study on what members look for in a club, Hillsdon will review industry data and its impact on member retention.
- Jan Middelkamp,former Chief Operations Officer for European-wide health club chain HealthCity International, current Development Director at HDD Group and EuropeActive board member, is an European fitness industry expert. He will talk about the situation in Europe and what operators have done to positively impact their retention rates.
- Guy Griffiths, who specialises in fitness and exercise-focused data mining and business intelligence, will explain what’s already being done in clubs from a UK perspective.
Rob Gregory, former global director of member experience at Fitness First, directly responsible for the group’s retention levels, will look at what can be learned from big picture data on the fitness industry.
The event will be hosted by respected industry veteran Robin Gargrave, Director of Ad-Lib Training, who has more than 30 years senior management experience in the health and fitness industry.
Operators can take part in the sold out event, which will take place in Birmingham in the UK, via live stream from 9.45 until 5pm.
Filmed by the same production team that do TED Talks events in Europe, attendees will be able to participate in the whole event – watch all five sessions live and join in by posting live questions on Twitter using the hashtag #retentionconvention. They will also be able to jump on the 60-minute online follow up question and answer sessions with the presenters in the weeks following the event.
To book and pay for live stream access visit http://retentionguru.cleeng.com/retention-convention/E896618222_GB.
– ends –
For further information or photographs contact:
Abigail Harris at Big Fish Public Relations
Tel: 07738 331019